Pages

1.29.2012

Raw Chocolate [Avocado] Pudding

I had a few things in the fridge that needed using up yesterday, and if there's one thing I can't stand it's wasting food. So, what's a person to do with a bunch of waaay overripe avocados and a carton of medjool dates? Make chocolate pudding! It turned out great and just a few spoonfuls was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. I didn't feel bad about letting Addie girl lick off the spoon, either.

Raw Chocolate [Avocado] Pudding
  • 3 overripe avocados (mine were VERY soft, and getting to the point where I wouldn't even use them for guac.)
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 5 or 6 medjool dates, pitted
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla
  • 1/3 cup water (you could also use coconut milk or coconut water)
  • pinch of cinnamon, optional
I put everything in my food processor together and blended away. I think a blender may have been a better option here, but my blender jar is broken, so I made it work. Just blend it until it's super smooth. You could add extra water if you like it a little thinner.

Mine came out thick and creamy and very rich and chocolaty. I envision that this would be really great layered with some coconut cream and a handful of chopped pistachios.

No comments: